It’s all about Quality and peace-of-mind for the Customer. A solar power system should be a set-and-forget purchase – it’s not something you want to have to worry about once it’s been commissioned.
If you want a solar power system that:
- contains quality products,
- is installed using excellent workmanship,
- won’t require any maintenance,
- you don’t have to keep checking to make sure it’s working,
- includes after-sales service if required,
- is installed by a company that has extensive experience in the industry,
- is robust and reliable,
- will save you money on your power bills for many years to come.
Then you would expect to pay more for your system, right?
All solar power systems are not created equal. There are plenty of low-quality products on the market which will bring the price of a system down. But these won’t perform as well, or last as long, as the higher quality products.
You also want to avoid the situation where you are buying from an importer of products only. We have come across situations where a company is importing solar power equipment but doesn’t have any of the licences required to install the systems. To install a solar power system in Australia, a number of licences are required, including an Electrical Licence and Clean Energy Council (CEC) Accreditation. Since these importers don’t have any of these qualifications, they subcontract the installation of their systems out to various electrical companies.
In these circumstances, it’s unclear who would be responsible if something goes wrong with the installation. If the equipment fails who takes care of any warranties?
As such, it’s important to buy a system from a fully integrated company who:
- have their own licences,
- are CEC Accredited,
- have done all of the training required to install solar power equipment and know and understand the equipment they are installing,
- take responsibility for their work from start to finish,
- will still be around if you have any questions in the future.
A solar system is an investment and you want to be able to have it installed and then forget about it. You just want to enjoy having lower electricity bills and some independence over the price rises from the power companies. In order to achieve this result, you may need to pay a bit extra for quality, service, and peace of mind.