Solar Power Australia make setting up your home with grid feed solar power easy.
We manage the majority of the process and will work with you to ensure you have the right sized system for your household requirements.
- Send us a couple of your latest Energy Bills and we’ll quote the most appropriate sized system for the energy needs of your household
- Once you’re happy with the quote, agree on an installation date, sign a Works Contract, and we’ll lodge a request for connection with Ausgrid for you
- We install your Solar System and provide a CCEW form to say the system is ready to be activated by your Energy supplier
- You contact your Energy supplier and let them know that you want a meter change as soon as possible so your Solar can be turned on
- Once your meter is changed to a Net Meter, your Solar will be switched on and you can start saving on your power bill
Note: We cannot speak to your energy supplier on your behalf as this is against their policy. They require you to call them directly to book the meter change once the solar is installed.
It can take 4-6 weeks to complete the meter change – unfortunately we have no control over this process.
Solar Credits (RECs)
When you install solar power, solar water heating and other renewable energy technologies you are helping to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. This entitles you to create environmental credits called Renewable Energy Certificates or RECs for short.
These credits are a commodity and tradeable like shares on the Australian Stock Exchange. Like other commodities the price of RECs is not fixed and varies with supply and demand.
Solar Energy Production
Every grid feed solar system produces power each day that is used within the house to reduce your total power consumption.
Solar Power Australia can help you compare this figure with information from your quarterly power bill, so we can choose a system that is right for your business.
The most popular size solar power systems for an “average house” are a 3kW, 4.5kW or 5kW. These systems can save up to a third of your quarterly power bill.
Solar Power Systems – Pricing Guide
|3.15||13||9 x 350W||5,250|
|5.6||20||16 x 350W||7,769|
|7.00||28||20 x 350W||10,598|
|11.2||44||32 x 350W||13,508|
The above pricing is indicative only and includes installation in the local region for most house types. Various other system sizes are available, please contact us for a quote to suit your requirements.
The above indicative pricing includes approvals and installation for most house types. This pricing includes GST. The final price has ‘Solar Credits’ (Small-scale Technology Certificates / STCs) funding taken into account. A price of $37 per STC has been used in the indicative pricing, and this value may vary. The actual STC incentive that would apply would be determined when the system has been completed. Our pricing includes processing of ‘Solar Credits’ and follow up. Metering will incur an additional charge for the services of an ASP2 certified electrician.
Do you own or operate a small business with a turnover less than $2,000,000? If so, you can now get a 100% tax break on a solar power system up to the value of $20,000 (source).
Please contact us for a quote to suit your requirements.